Bulky Item Collection
Free Spring Yard Waste Pick Up scheduled for April 27 - May 29th and the Spring Cleaning Free Bulky Item Pick Up is set for June 8-19. If anything changes, we will update this web page and our Facebook page.
Collection of bulk items such as chairs, tables, mattresses, and carpet rolls is included in your service plan at an additional charge. Please contact us at 309-752-1573 to schedule your bulk item pickup.
- No tv’s appliances, electronics, tires, hazardous waste, construction debris, pianos, organs nor yard waste.
- The amount able to be placed curbside is equivalent to a standard F-150 truck bed, 8x8x2 area. Any small or loose items must be bagged or boxed, not weighing more than 50lbs.
- Carpet rolls must be no longer than 4ft, must be rolled and tied and each roll can weigh no more than 50lbs.
Calendar of Collections
Bulky collection service shall be provided on Wednesdays up to 4 times per calendar year for a prepaid fee of $15 per collection. Residents may purchase the $15 Bulky Collection Stickers at the Finance Office and various local stores. Each sticker purchased will provide the resident with a collection of 1 pick up large truck bed (dimensions equal to 8 ft by 8 ft by 2 foot or less. Whole house cleanouts are not allowed - you must arrange for a dumpster (through an independent company, not the City) in such cases.
Any collections need in addition to the 4 per calendar year, shall be provided at the rate of $25 for each additional collection, but not to exceed 3 additional collections within the same calendar year (Code 7-9-7).
Rock Island Residents
Free curbside appliance and tire pickup is a service available for Rock Island County residents, courtesy of Rock Island County Waste Management Agency (RICWMA). To schedule a pickup, residents should call toll-free 877-934-5378. A new 10-year contract with Weikert Iron & Metal Recycling will allow residents to have up to 4 appliances and 10 passenger vehicle tires picked up each year.
Under Code 7-9-7, RICWMA will not collect:
- Dead animal carcasses
- Hazardous, infectious or explosive wastes
- Motor vehicles or motor vehicle parts
- Whole or partial building demolitions waste