Maintenance Services Department
The East Moline Maintenance Services Department consists of separate divisions working out of 1 building. Each division has its own separate duties to perform; however, the employees from all divisions can be used in other divisions if the work load demands it.
The Maintenance Services Department provides an employee on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Employees handle all types of emergency situations such as:
- Debris in streets
- Frozen water meters
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Sewer backups
- Snow or ice cover streets
- Storm work
- Water main ruptures
Should you have any of these emergencies, please email or call 309-752-1573 during the hours of 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM. If you cannot reach anyone or it is after hours, a weekend or holiday, please call 309-797-0401 (this is the police non-emergency line)
Drainage (Storm Sewer)
The Drainage Division is responsible for the maintenance and repair of approximately 64 miles of drainage lines and ditches to allow water and storm runoff. This includes construction and repairs 850 catch basins and manholes on paved streets and 650 culverts in ditch lines.
Check dams, which control storm runoff to the Mississippi River, are maintained by the Drainage division, along with the Sugar Creek and Mississippi River levee system.
The primary duty of the Motor Pool Division is to purchase parts, repair, service, safety test and maintain records for all city vehicles and equipment. This involves 170 pieces of equipment or vehicles with a purchase value of $3 million. Repairs include:
- Body and diesel work
- Exhaust systems
- Major overhauls
The primary duties of the Sewer Collection Division is to clean and maintain approximately 80 miles of sanitary sewer lines with a high pressure jet and TV camera. This division installs and repairs sewer lines and manholes. There are approximately 1,500 manholes in the city of East Moline.
Residents who are experiencing a sewer backup can contact the Maintenance Services Department during working hours or the Police Department after hours at 309-797-0401. Our policy, in the event of a blocked sewer, is to clean the line even if the city line is clear. Our employees also contact the resident to let them know what the results are and if they need to call a private sewer cleaning company for their own service line.
Street & Bridge
The Street and Bridge Division is responsible for the construction and maintenance of 120 lane miles of paved or asphalt streets, and 13 miles of alleys.
The Water Distribution Division is responsible for over 80 miles of water main from 6 inch to 20 inch in diameter, the maintenance of 6,000 meters of various sizes, periodically testing of meters, the maintenance and repairs of valves and shut off boxes.
Water distribution is also responsible for the repairs and maintenance of fire hydrants and valves. Dead end hydrants are flushed twice a year.
- Water Service Signup / Meter Reading: Residents wishing to have a meter or out side remote installed should contact the Water Billing Office at 309-752-1530. A service order will be issued to the Water Distribution division for a meter or remote installation.
- Water Main Breaks: It is the policy of the city to inform residents whenever water is scheduled to be turned off for repairs. However, occasionally an underground water main will rupture and the emergency situation does not allow time to notify residents of repairs.
- Before You Dig…: It is necessary to run all the water and sewer pipes and other utilities underground. Before you start any project that requires digging, call the Joint Utility Locating Information for Excavators (J.U.L.I.E.) at 800-892-0123. The operator will dispatch a request to all underground utilities members to locate any underground utilities within a 48 hour period.
Director of Maintenance Services
Email Todd Stickler
Engineering & Maintenance
1200 13th Ave.
East Moline, IL 61244
Hours are 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Emergency on Weekend & Holiday