- Boards & Commissions
- Plan Commission
The East Moline Plan Commission has the responsibility to oversee comprehensive planning and zoning matters of the city including:
1. Establish and maintain a comprehensive plan for the present and future development or redevelopment of the City and contiguous unincorporated territory not more than one and one-half (11/2) miles beyond the corporate limits of the City and not included in any other municipality.
2. Establish and maintain reasonable standards of design for subdivisions and re-subdivisions, reasonable requirements governing the location, width, course and surfacing of public streets and highways, alleys, ways for public service facilities, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, streetlights, parks, playgrounds, school grounds, size of lots to be used for residential purposes, storm water drainage, water supply and distribution, sanitary sewers, and sewage collection and treatment. The requirements specified herein shall become regulatory when adopted by ordinance.
3. Receive for review, the plans for each subdivision of land within the City and within one and one-half (11/2) miles of the City and not part of another municipality. The Plan Commission shall determine whether the subdivision conforms to the Comprehensive Plan and the Official Map of the City and report by resolution to the Council.
4. Recommend to the City Council from time to time, such changes in the Comprehensive Plan, or any part thereof, as may be deemed necessary.
5. Prepare and recommend to the City Council, from time to time, proposals and/or recommendations for specific improvements in pursuance of the Comprehensive Plan.
6. Give aid to the officials of the City charged with the direction of projects for improvements embraced within the Official Plan, or parts thereof, to further the making of such improvements and generally to promote the realization of the Comprehensive Plan.
7. Arrange and conduct any form of publicity in relation to its activities for the general purpose of public understanding.
8. Cooperate with regional planning commissions and other agencies or groups to further the local planning program and to assure harmonious and integrated planning for the area.
9. Designate land suitable for annexation to the Municipality and the recommended zoning classification for such land upon annexation.
10. Exercise such other powers germane to the powers granted by State law, as may be conferred by the City Council.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approvals.