Foodborne illness in the United States is estimated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to cause 48 million cases of illnesses, over 128,000 hospitalizations, and 3,000 deaths annually. Hospitalizations due to foodborne illnesses are estimated to cost over $3 billion dollars and lost productivity is estimated to cost between $20 billion and $40 billion each year. Other studies believe the actual costs are much higher when you include acute foodborne illnesses that often times do not get reported.
Both health departments and foodservice operations have been working hard to minimize the chances for foodborne illnesses. However, it is important to remember that not all foodborne illnesses are caused by restaurants - temperature abuse and contamination can occur at home, at unregulated events or even manufacturing sites.
East Moline Food Handler Training
- StateFoodSafety.com - Our Partner in Providing Approved Training in Illinois
- Cost is $10.00
- Group vouchers available ◦General Questions call 309-752-1510
- Problems or Questions when taking the course call StateFoodSafety.com support at 801-494-1416
1. Anyone providing food to the public is required to have a Food & Beverage Permit from the City.
2. No food for public consumption may be prepared or stored in the home.3. Private caterers (caterers who provide food for private events) are not licensed by either East Moline or the Illinois Department of Public Health.