City of East Moline Welcome Sign Advertising Guidelines & Procedures
The City of East Moline offers these guidelines and procedures to assist the public and city staff in the approval process for posting messages on the city's electronic welcome sign.
Request to Post Messages
The city of East Moline will consider requests from the public to post messages on the city’s electronic welcome sign. Requests can be made by completing a request form available online at http:eastmoline.com/245/City-Forms or at the City Hall Annex. Forms can be emailed to the Secretary or submitted to:
- East Moline City Hall Annex
912 16th Ave.
East Moline, IL 61244
The City of East Moline will utilize the electronic sign primarily to provide messages that have a community-wide impact. These messages include, but are not limited to, the following types of announcements:
- Amber alerts
- Family events
- Government meetings
- Public safety announcements
- Public service announcements
- Weather alerts
The City of East Moline will also permit messages from residents and organizations that provide personal congratulations to a person or organization. These messages include, but are not limited to, the following types of announcements: anniversaries, births, birthdays, graduations, retirements, thank you notes.
Businesses are prohibited from posting advertising on the electronic sign. Businesses and/or organizations may only post messages that are community and family oriented in nature. All messages must be submitted and approved by the city prior to posting. Requests can be sent via email.
Fundraisers that are held in East Moline, support an EM organization, or have proceeds that will go to charity may be posted. Any fundraisers that will sell food in East Moline must additionally fill out a food permit application and be approved by the city health Inspector - 309-752-1510 or stop by City Hall Annex at 912 16th Avenue, East Moline.
Message requests will be reviewed and approved by office staff at the City hall Annex. the City of East Moline reserves the right to reject or withdraw any message, either before or after posting, and may terminate the message request for any reason at any time.
Public Service Announcements & Fundraisers
Messages that are of a public service nature will be posted at no charge. These messages will typically be requested from governmental organizations and groups hosting a community event. East Moline (supporting EM organizations or residents) fundraisers are free of charge. Organizations outside of East Moline will be charged $25/wk for advertising.
Simple text messages can be reserved for $10 per day or $25/ 3 days. Longer term agreements can be negotiated.
All messages are subject to city approval and will run for one week, except personal messages which run for 1-3 days. Fees will not be prorated.
- Applicant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold city of East Moline free and harmless from any and all loss, liability, claims and demands, including attorney's fees arising out of the character, contents or subject matter of any copy displayed or produced pursuant to this contract.
- If the City is prevented from posting or maintaining the sign by causes beyond its control of whatever nature, including but not limited to acts of God, or in the event of damage or destruction of the sign, or in the event the city of East Moline is unable to deliver any portion of the service requested, the City will not be held liable for reparation or reimbursement.
- No personal announcement message request will be fulfilled without proper payment prior to the posting of the message. Checks should be made payable to the City of East Moline.
- Message duration and frequency will be the decision of the City.
- All messages will comply with State of Illinois Administrative Code relating to the Department of Transportation-Highways-Control of Outdoor Advertising Adjacent to Primary and Interstate Highways. (IL Admin Code Title 92, Chapter 1, Subchapter F, Part 522).