The City of East Moline Does Not Have a Rental Housing Inspection or Registration Program. Therefore, routine inspections of rental properties and vacant buildings are not conducted.
All complaints are handled on a case-by-case basis by various city departments depending on the nature of the complaint. All properties, both residential and commercial, within the city's jurisdiction must adhere to the 2012 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC), with the adopted local amendments (PDF). This code provides a minimum standard for living to protect the health and safety of both the inhabitant and the surrounding public.
Copies of the 2012 IPMC are available for viewing during business hours in the Inspections Department.
Contact Health & Inspections For:
- Mold, pests, unsanitary conditions and uncut grass and weeds
- Vacant buildings, unsafe and hazardous conditions
Contact Police For:
- Graffiti and abandoned vehicles
- Illegal dumping, animal related concerns, debris and trash outside
Contact Zoning For:
- Fences - location, height and when missing around a pool
- Illegal signs and businesses
For further assistance or other Property Maintenance Issues, contact the City at (309) 752-1599.